Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

..go round and round...
I've been singing this song lately. Life is the bus and the wheels just keep on turning. 
I recently found out that a close Aunt was diagnosed with skin cancer. She is going in for surgery on the 22nd to have it removed and I wanted to send her a comforting card. 
Tea is comforting to me. Not sure why..I have just always really like tea and tea sets and tea parties. In my mind I love the traditional English afternoon ritual of stopping everything for a cuppa and some sandwiches or cookies. Must be in my blood. ;) 
Anyway, I found this tutorial from SplitCoastStampers (one of my absolute favorite web sites) for a card that could hold two tea bags. I decided to make this and send it to my Aunt. 
Here's how it turned out:

Here is the side view where you can see the two tea bags in there (and a little note I wrote).

The front (that's a quilled flower, top left)

And the back

Should have gotten a shot of the inside, but I didn't want to unwrap it again. Sorry! 
It wasn't difficult, but you do need some basic supplies. A scoring board, trimmer, paper, ribbon, embellishments. And I didn't add the extra cord to hold it all in there. Just some glue.
You can upload finished projects on Split Coast if you want to show off. ;) 

Happy Saturday ya'll.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card...I had skin cancer on my face, so I do empathize. I wish her well!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Micki!
    And did I see that you won something from the Fall into Fall giveaway? I thought I saw your name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful card. And best wishes to your aunt for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I put a comment here a few days ago, but I don't see it here!
    Anyway, the comment said that you did a beautiful job (as always) and I know Lolo will love it. I was also wondering what kind of tea you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jo! I used Tazo Chai Tea. They individually wrap their tea bags with a really nice, thick seal, which is why I chose that. And turns out Chai is LoLo's favorite tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Good pick! I love Chai tea too. It's actually pretty much the only kind of tea that I like.

    ReplyDelete