Monday, June 6, 2011

Evening Bag

So, I know a girl who is graduating from high school this month. She forwarded me a picture of her graduation dress and I knew I had to make her a purse to match. It was a dress I would have chosen myself and I think that's why it resonated with me. And, I like her. ;)

I created the pattern myself, but had a seriously good guide with a tutorial by U-Handbag. Bless you, Lisa Lam. I found the hardware on Etsy through While Baby Naps and it is AWESOME. I haven't seen stuff like this available in the US before and the prices are great. So, if you are interested in making your own one of these, between these two resources you should be all set.




Here is a pic of the original inspiration:


I think she will like it. :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress! That dress is so "you"! How funny! You did a fantastic job on the purse, as always, and it's going to look great with that dress. What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great match. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you go Jansie...you are missed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madame Samm...how sweet of you to miss me!! I have been through a lot this last year and a half. Divorced, relocated to a different state, re-found the love of my life and we just had a baby. That's in a nutshell! I now also work full time and simply haven't had the time or energy to keep up with my blog or store. I hope to someday return to my love of quilting and sewing. It hasn't left...just on the back burner. All the best to you!! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  4. I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol…
    Terrific quality publish. I adore simply how much inforamtion one can have from your world wide web. And with regards to producing money and running a blog, you have some good content on right here.
    you are really a good webmaster.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete